Dynamics GP 2018 Release
Release date: December 1, 2018
Dynamics GP 2018 has been released and the goal of this release is to provide comprehensive, core functionality to enhance user experience, and platform around these key areas listed below.
Comprehensive Doc Attach
Document Attachment in Dynamics GP was built on end-user input to identify the top scenarios businesses want to solve. In Dynamics GP 2018, the next evolution of Doc Attach is that you can add attachments on most master record windows, inquiry windows and transaction entry windows.
This includes the following:
- Document Attachment on Receivables Entry
- Document Attachment in General Ledger Entry
- Document Attachment on Employee Inquiry
- Document Attachment in I-9 form
- Display Vendor notes on Vendor Inquiry
- Display Customer notes on Customer Inquiry
- Display Project Notes in Project Inquiry and PA Project Inquiry
- Document Attachment in Asset General Information (FA)
- Option to attach new documents in Inquiry windows
Doc Attatchment in Receivables Payment Transaction Entry
Optimized Financials & HRP
From the voice of our existing Dynamics GP customers, Microsoft has optimized your Financials and HR/Payroll experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018.
The following new features and functionality have been added:
- Copy user access across AA transaction dimension codes
- Email single statement from customer card and inquiry
- PO Gen open PO List with new PO's filter
- PO Number display on Requisition List for originator
- Print Purchase Requisition
- Display Hold status on Sales Transaction Entry
- One check per invoice vendor settings
- Save Select Payments settings
- Turn off garnishment reports in posting setup
- Roll down payroll setup options from setup to inactive records
- Change department code in all payroll files, including history
- Restrict inactive Deduction and Benefit codes in lookups
PO Generation Open List with New PO's Displayed
Dynamics GP Workflow 4.0
With the release of Dynamics GP 2018, Microsoft has extended the capabilities of Workflow. In addition to new workflows such as GL Account and Purchase Invoice, they have also added workflow capabilities like copy step and reminder emails.
A list of specific workflows added are the following:
- Reminder emails for Workflow
- Copy Workflow Step
- Reporting for Workflow
- Payables Transaction Workflow – additional fields
- GP PO Workflow Messages - additional fields
- Add EFT/Bank Details to Vendor Approval Workflow
- GL Account Workflow Approval
- Purchase Receiving Workflow
- Purchase Enter/Match Invoice Workflow
Learn How to Upgrade Your Dynamics GP ERP Solution to 2018?
If you are on an older version less than Dynamics GP 2016, you should consider upgrading to the latest release. The Resource Group has a proven process to help clients upgrade their Dynamics GP solution. Contact us to review our checklist and receive an estimate for your upgrade.